Saturday, 13 May 2017

Another Block Card on The Wall

Hi everyone
I'm catching up again and I recently made a block card with the fabulous Julie Loves Rainbow Project Kit. I didn't write instructions or take multiple pics as it just came together quickly and was made before I knew it.

It was such a lovely card I've made a second one, this time using the Julie Loves Hearts and Flowers Project Kit and to provide a tutorial. 
Julie Loves Hearts and Flowers

Julie Loves Rainbows
I had so much fun making these cards and hope that you will try this fancy fold if you haven’t done so already.
Materials:
12"x 12" cardstock (1 piece)
Julie Loves Hearts & Flowers OR Rainbows Project Kit 
Scoreboard and Bone Folder
Strong Adhesive
Scissors/Trimmer
Ribbon/Twine
Stickles/Glossy Accents/Nuvo drops
Distress inks 
To make:
Base card: 12" x 4.5 " Scored at 1.5". 3". 4.5". 6". 7.5". 9" & 10.5"
Rotate 90 degrees and score at 1.5" and 3"

Follow my grid to x out the correct squares then cut and remove.
Cut to make a slit where I have highlighted orange. The single block marks the middle of your fold.
Use strong adhesive to layer your folds with slits over one another.
Cut cardstock 4.5" x 1" and score at 0.5" to make a long fold.
Use strong adhesive and attach on the inside of your card base and attach as in photo's. You now have your base.
Select papers of your choosing and for the squares you want to make the first layer just shy of 1.5"squared as in pic and the next layer 1.25" squared.
For the base of the card I used just under 1.5" and just under 4.5".
All that is left is to decorate. The card folds completely flat for posting too.
Finished card showing all the lush detail and gorgeous papers of Julie Loves Hearts and Flowers with cool purples and blues.
Some of the detail from the Julie Loves Rainbow papers. 
Here is my finished card using Julie Loves Rainbows. This really is a happy paper pad, summery and gorgeous!
I hope you like this fancy fold as much as I do and these papers really are fabulous.  You have the vibrant rainbow colours in the Julie Loves Rainbows Collection and the cooler blues and purples in the Julie Loves Hearts and Flowers Collection.
Have a fabulous weekend and I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things here. 
Lots of love
Jennifer xx